Partnerships with NWO, GEF, MCTI, NSF and more
Partnerships with CNPq, Belmont Forum, NERC and more
Nederlandse Organisatie voor Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek (NWO)
The Bonn challenge calls for the restoration of 150 million hectares of the world’s deforested and degraded land by 2020 and 350 million by 2030. It is a scientific challenge to provide knowledge-based guidelines for lasting restoration of ecosystems and the services they provide. This challenge is not limited to a specific country or region; it is a worldwide issue that should be tackled in cooperation, bringing together different countries, research institutes, public and private organizations and research disciplines.
- NewFor – Understanding restored forests for benefiting people and nature
- ReSeed – The contribution of plant-animal interactions to biodiversity and ecosystem restoration of the Atlantic Forest
- BioFor – Applying the biotic soil legacy approach to understand positive-negative biota interactions for direct forest restoration from plant-soil communities feedbacks
- GoFor – Governing the Atlantic Forest transition: improving our knowledge on forest recovery for ecosystem services
- The machines that make biology a science of huge numbers
- Scientists set out to understand how regenerated Atlantic rainforest areas help protect biodiversity
- In 20 years, natural regeneration of tropical forests recoups 80% of old-growth carbon and soil fertility
- Brazilian science attracting attention worldwide
Global Environment Facility & Ministério de Ciência, Tecnologia e Inovação
Atlantic Forest Connection Project
Information in English coming soon – check the Portuguese version of this page for more details!
National Science Foundation
Dimensions of Biodiversity
The Dimensions of Biodiversity program aims to transform the understanding of the scope and role of life on Earth. Researchers are encouraged to propose projects that transcend traditional boundaries between areas of biodiversity research. The program focuses on the genetic, phylogenetic and functional dimensions of biodiversity.
Secretaria do Meio Ambiente & Fundação para a Conservação e a Produção Florestal do Estado de São Paulo
Conservação, restauração e uso sustentável da biodiversidade em Unidades de Conservação
This is a call for innovative research proposals that aims to support the management of Conservation Units through the promotion of conservation, restoration and sustainable use of biodiversity, observing the Aichi Goals according to the Strategic Plan for Biodiversity 2011-2020, of the Convention on Biological Diversity.
Scenarios of Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services I & II
The calls Scenarios of Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services I and II aimed to promote research on transformations to sustainability, which are of significant social, economic and policy concern throughout the world and of great relevance to both academics and stakeholders.
Natural Environment Research Council/NERC (Grã-Bretanha)
ECOFOR: Biodiversidade e funcionamento de ecossistemas em áreas alteradas pelo homem nas Florestas Amazônica e Atlântica
This partnership was carried out within the scope of the Human-modified Tropical Forest (HMTF) Program, whose objective is to integrate experimental and observational data with models to understand the role of biodiversity in the main biogeochemical forest cycles. It also aims to explore the spatial correlations between ecosystem functioning and biogeochemical cycles and the distribution of species of conservation concern, through a long-term research network.
Authenticated Virtual Herbarium of Brazilian Flora Species (REFLORA)
Agreement for the creation of the Authenticated Virtual Herbarium of Brazilian Flora Species – REFLORA – covering plants collected in the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries and deposited in the herbaria of the Royal Botanic Gardens in Kew, England, and in the Muséum National d’Histoire Naturelle de Paris, France.